A glamorous setting for a magical day
Arriving at Devonport House is an experience in itself: with its impressive façade of tall white columns, bold lines and perfect symmetry, it radiates elegance, sophistication and charm.
This home has a noble history. Its name derives from Viscount Devonport, who led the fund-raising campaign to build the house as a memorial to merchant seaman in the First World War. Designed by Sir Edwin Cooper, it was opened in 1929 by the Duke and Duchess of York – the future George VI and Queen Elizabeth. These days the house, rooms and every detail are all yours to enjoy.
Whether it’s your reception, your ceremony or both, we’ll make sure your day is as individual, exciting and memorable as you have always dreamed.
- Devonport House is available for Wedding Ceremonies and Civil Partnership Ceremonies, with a beautiful front lawn perfect for wedding photographs, traditional suites for receptions and highly experienced banqueting staff we guarantee to host the most perfect wedding day
- The Nelson/Hamilton Suite can accommodate 82 guests for a sit down wedding breakfast with up to 120 guests for dancing. For more intimate occasions Devonport House can offer the Churchill or Drake Suite which can seat up to 50 guests.
- The terrace and front lawn offer a great space for a drinks reception. Wedding parties of up to 120 guests can dine exclusively in our spacious and modern restaurant for the wedding breakfast, before moving onto the Nelson/Hamilton Suite for dancing
- We also have 99 attractive bedrooms which means all of your weddings guests can stay over
- Two fantastic wedding packages to choose from offering everything you need for your special day